Soon to be gone?

The Alexandra Dock was built in 1885 as part of the construction of the Hull and Barnsley Railway. The jetty in the pictures was a riverside terminal and rail link. Immigrants from central europe landed here and took the direct rail link to Liverpool and then on to America. The remains seen here in 2007 will be removed as part of the ABP / Siemens wind farm construction plant.